Thursday, July 7, 2011

My first run

One of the ways I learn a city is by going for runs. It gets me comfortable in the neighborhood, I get a sense of place, and I find some local attractions. Because I like to make clear that I'm not from Portland, I wore a running skirt and nice running tank (it was a nice summer day in PDX). I wanted to be sure I was "cute" for this run, which got me thinking about the girls who put on make up to go the gym, or wear sequined shirts, or no bra, or leave their hair down, or all other sorts of non-"athletic" dress, and how maybe I was now one of "those" girls, or perceived as one in this locale. All I'll say I was wearing actual athletic equipment, just some that was coordinated and fitted.

1 comment:

  1. So did you stick out like a sore thumb or were you just another southern belle transplant in the great northwest? If there is such a thing.

    ReplyDelete