Monday, July 11, 2011

Mississippi Street Fair

On Saturday, we attended the Mississippi Street Fair, which took place just a few blocks from Will's house. Like most street fairs, it was packed with jewelry vendors, food, photographers and painters, NGOs looking for people to sign petitions, and miscellaneous other vendors. Most things were very Portlandy, and the prime example was the fact that there was not one but TWO booths selling hula hoops! Because, apparently, everyone needs a good selection and competitive pricing on their hula hoops.

3 comments:

  1. We're using hula hoops this week at the Botanical Garden to teach about biodiversity, but I imagine Portland hoopla is more like what we see at Shokori Hills music festival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will we visit any hula hoop vendors during my visit? Also for the record I would also like to blow-dry my hair in Portland (the 99-degree weather here in DC makes blow drying an utter waste of precious morning minutes).

    ReplyDelete
  3. G--I blow dry my hair too. Street fair...I remember the old Avon "Corn Festival" with fondness. What's there not to like when someone dresses up like a giant corn cob? Hula is supposed to be a good stomach work out. You are missed in DC as you discern levels of like in Portland.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete